Welcome to the Dimensions API Lab!¶
The Dimensions Analytics API is subscription-only, so your Dimensions account needs to be activated for this service and is subject to restrictions on use. Please get in touch to discuss the best option for you how to get access. For one-off academic research projects we can also grant free access to our APIs. Contact us
- Verifying Your API Connection
- The Dimcli Python library: Installation and Querying
- The Dimcli Python library: Working with Pandas Dataframes
- The Dimcli Python library: Magic Commands
- Exploring The Dimensions Search Language (DSL) - Quick Intro
- Exploring The Dimensions Search Language (DSL) - Deep Dive
- Working with lists in the Dimensions API
- Working with concepts in the Dimensions API
- General Publication Statistics about a Research Organization
- Citation Analysis: an Introduction
- Citation Analysis: Journals Citing a Research Organization
- Topic Modeling Analysis for a Set of Publications: Basic Workflow
- Journal Profiling Part 1: Getting the Data
- Journal Profiling Part 2: Impact Metrics
- Journal Profiling Part 3: Funding
- Journal Profiling Part 4: Institutions
- Journal Profiling Part 5: Competing Journals Analysis
Finding Out More¶
Find out more about the Dimensions API with the following resources:
The Dimensions Search Language official documentation is a must-read if you want to become an API guru.
The API Lab Github repository contains the source code for all the notebooks on this website, and more.
The Dimensions APIs homepage is the place to start from if you’ve never heard about Dimensions APIs.